|Area:||21,72 km km2|
|Expenditure per capita:||4 503 zł|
|Burmistrz Mirosław Wądołowski||Leader of the City Council Marek Chroń|
Hel's main attractions are:
- Sandy beaches - including a section of beach, which since 2004, has been guarded by teams of rescuers with Newfoundland and Landseer dogs.
- Museum of Marine Fisheries with viewing tower (located in the former gothic church of St . Peter and Paul dating from the fourteenth century)
- Historic Kashubian cottages
- The Hel Seal Sanctuary – part of the Marine Station of the University of Gdańsk
- The terminus of the railway which runs along the spit from Puck
- Hel Lighthouse
- Hel Port
- Numerous military monuments and remains
- Naval Weapons open-air museum
- Museum of Coastal Defence
- D-Day re-enactments which have taken place since 2006.